Muscular Dystrophy UK (registered charity number 205395) is the leading UK charity focusing on muscle-wasting disease. It has pioneered the search for treatments and cures for more than 50 years, and is dedicated to improving the lives of all children and adults affected by muscle-wasting disease.
The work of the charity has five main focuses:
- Funding world-class research to find effective treatments and cures
- Providing practical information, advice and emotional support for individuals with muscle-wasting disease, their carers and families
- Campaigning to bring about change and raise awareness of muscle-wasting disease
- Awarding grants towards the cost of specialist equipment, such as powered wheelchairs
- Providing specialist education and development for health professionals
More than 70,000 children and adults in the UK have muscular dystrophy or a related condition. A further 350,000 people are affected indirectly as family, friends or carers. As yet there are no cures or treatments which prevent the wasting of muscle, but increased knowledge has improved the quality of people's lives and in many cases the length of life.
For further information please visit : www.musculardystrophyuk.org
The last four were fantastic fundraising years...
... so why shouldn't 2020 be even better?